Oh crap, it’s over! Much as I enjoyed this year, I’m looking forward to next year as it looks to be just bust-a-gut full of good times. For example, I think I may be able to pay off my mortgage next year. That’s the kind of wild and crazy lady I am. Might even make a few extra payments on my student loans! Hoo boy, you never know what I’ll do next! But seriously, here’s a quick look at my plans:
- Next year, I plan to take over the world using an elite cadre of invisible war elephants and spoons. The really shiny kind. They’ll never see it coming. (Because I’ll get lazy halfway through the year and not bother. )
- More probably, I’ll be doing stuff for the release of my next science fiction novel coming out with Night Shade Books in the fall of 2012. It is currently titled Spin The Sky but I’m thinking about changing that to The Trojan Spaceship as I am knee-deep in rewrites just now.
- After rewriting, re-editing, getting tons of critiques and then re-writing and re-editing a few more times, I may be on my last major re-tool of this YA science fiction I’ve been tinkering with for the past two years. I’m keen to release it as a indie e-book, but I get a huge lecture every time I say that, so I will be a good author and query around for it. If that doesn’t pan out, though, I am totally going the independent publish route. All the cool kids are doing it.
- I need to finish up this adult science fiction I’m about halfway through. I keep avoiding it because I have performance anxiety about writing sex scenes and this thing is going to have some of those if I have to duct-tape myself to a chair to type them out.
- I really feel like having Night Bazaar as a weekly online writing project has been beneficial for many reasons, so I’ve invented a writing project for myself for next year. My goal is to write some journalist-type news articles about whatever the heck I’m doing twice a month to get some practice with that style of writing. I may try to shop them out to online news sources or I may be lazy and just post them on my website: www.katystauber.com. This weekend I’ll be finishing up my article about my erotic book club.
- I’m already signed up for sailing lessons in order to fulfill my recurring fantasy in a mature fashion. I dream of sailing off the end of the world to see what’s on the other side.
It’s been fun guys! May your next year be splendiferously full of chocolate and orgasms (or whatever really makes your day).Read More...